PE and Sports Premium
Our P.E. and Sports Leader is Miss Vardy.
Schools receive P.E. and sports premium funding based on the number of children they have on roll. Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that schools should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that they already offer
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For example, schools can use funding to:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach P.E. and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
How do we use the Sports Premium?
At Eastrop, we use our PE funding to:
- improve the quality and breadth of PE and sporting provision
- increase participation in PE and sport so that all children develop healthy lifestyles and fulfil their sporting potential
- buy into our local cluster’s schools partnership in which our children attend and play in multisport events
- buy new playground equipment to develop active play at lunch and break times
- provide staff with high-quality training to develop their practice
- buy equipment to enhance physical development in the early years
How have we use the Sports Premium?
How will the impact be sustained?
We have continued to commit a proportion of the funding to staff professional development as it is essential we create a sustainable model in preparation for a post 'Sport Premium' funding era. This will involve improving our current provision of PE in areas identified, for example, our whole school dance training.
Over the last year we have raised the profile of PE across the school by encouraging the children to take on new challenges, try new things and engage more positively in activities. We hope this is ensuring physical activity will always be part of our children’s future.
In addition to this, we will:
- Continue to commit to providing opportunities of high quality PE clubs after school for all children.
- Continue to commit to providing opportunities to further develop through competitions and festivals within our cluster and across the Fortius network.
- Provide opportunities to experience new sports through focused PE days / weeks